Re: [EFM] OAM loop back / echo server function

I don't think I buy the argument that OAM has to be present at the
physical level.
The wire will have some physical bit capacity based on whatever encoding
mechanisms it uses.  Management will take some of that bandwidth away.
But management can certainly be done above the physical level, and
probably above
the MAC level using appropriate queueing and prioritization.  Why do you
feel
so strongly that it must be at the phy?

- Matt