RE: [EFM] Discovery (it was OAM...)

>most companies would love to adopt. For instance, the DSL+PPPoE
combination
does not need to keep this kind of record, because all provisioning info

can be tied to the user login, making automatic configuration easier. Of

course, not all technologies and service models lend itself easily to
this
implementation.

For example, this could be achieved using 802.1X authentication rather
than PPPoE, thus not requiring that end-users pay for another
encapsulation overhead if the volume usage is metered.  I can certainly
choose to pay for TCP/IP overhead on my own free will, but being forced
to pay for PPPoE overhead does not seem to be appropriate to me.
Fortunately, all DSL offerings that use PPPoE today seem not to feature
volume usage restrictions.

-=Francois=-