RE: [EFM] Presentations: Audio Transcripts

Howard,
How sure are we that this liability issue isn't just the "easy answer" and
that there are truly identifiable liability issues that can't be easily
overcome with a signed disclaimer?

Seems the presentations are a different level of concern from a transcript
of the meeting. I was not suggesting a transcript of the meeting. Just the
presentations. PowerPoint presentations by-definition contain little detail.
The details are filled in by the presenter, so the slides alone are an
inherently flawed format as an archival record.

Since there are hundreds of witnesses to everything that is said and done at
the meeting, it seems awfully unlikely anything could be denied.

As far as facilities, cost, etc., I was thinking pretty low-budget. Like the
meeting sponsor finds a starving EE student and IEEE student member to sit
at a PC and press "record" "stop" and "save as" for each presentation. Give
them a free lunch/dinner, an award at meeting conclusion, and maybe waive
their IEEE dues the next year, and I bet they'd be happy campers. They'd
also have the opportunity to make many industry contacts.

I suspect your answer will remain unchanged, but I had to try.