[802.3ae] Rescheduled Interim Meeting Plan

Dear Members of the IEEE 802.3 Community,

The IEEE 802.3ae, 802.3ah, and 802.3ag Task Forces
(that's 10 Gig, EFM, and Maintenance Revisions #6)
will meet during the week of October 15th, in
Los Angeles, California.

We are working to pin down the hotel information,
and it is going to take us another two days to
get the contract signed, but the dates and the
city are set.  The hotel we are working with is
located near Los Angeles International Airport,
with complimentary airport transportation.

We will send out the hotel reservation information
by Wednesday, 9/19. Based on the bid from this
hotel, I believe that we are going to get an
excellent rate at an excellent venue.

Attached please find a PDF file with a grid showing
the meeting plan for the week.  10 Gig will run on
Monday and Tuesday, with EFM running Wednesday,
Thursday, and Friday. Maintenance #6 will run on
Thursday night.

We appologize for the inconvenience that this change
of venue and date will cause for many of you, and we
understand that many of you have other commitments
during the week of October 15th that cannot be changed.

We would like to extend our thanks to Intel, and
to Mario Stoltz in particular, for all of the effort that
went into the Copenhagen meeting.  Mario and his co-workers
put together a fantastic meeting for us, and it is a
terrible shame that we had to cancel it.

We would also like to thank Dawn Slykhouse and Face To
Face Events for jumping in to help us out on short
notice, once again.

Lastly, we have been soliciting proposals for a
January interim meeting, and at our request, all
of the proposals were for venues in the Southern
California area.  Obviously, with our decision to
hold this October's make up meeting in Southern
California, another venue would be preferred for
the January interim meeting.  So, keep those
hosting proposals for January coming in, please!

We look forward to seeing you in L.A.!

Howard Frazier & Jonathan Thatcher

802_3makeup.pdf