RE: [EFM] OAM - Faye's seven points

>The only way to achieve this is at an upper layer application, which, I

believe,  is outside of the scope of 802.3ah.  For those service models
that will support it, as an upper layer function, it would be able to
work
regardless of "in-band" or "out-of-band" EFM OAM.

I do not think that a >=L3 protocol is needed to do this.  I think that
LLC could be used at 2 to do in-band, frame-based CPE operation and
provisisioning.  Perhaps authentication would be necessary.

-=Francois=-