RE: [EFM] Network timing?

Roy,

Actually what I think is needed is the reverse of ITU X 86 i.e. E1/T1 over
Ethernet. The ietf have some rfcs on this with an IP layer of course. I have
a proposal for E1/T1 over Ethernet / 802.3 only, but I am not sure which
forum would be interested (if any). As I said in an earlier email today, it
is much easier to carry T1/E1 over a side band than it is to packetise and
de-packetise it. However, one benefit of packetising it is that it can be
carried through a layer two or an IP metro / core network, all the way to
the switch (given constant latanct of course, I think we went round that
loop about six weeks ago).

Bob