RE: [EFM] RE: OAM functionals

Francois

Surely this is an implementation issue.

There is no IP or VoIP in the raw CPE demarcation unit spec. that I have in
mind.

I agree that in cases where the EFM interface is integrated into a bigger
system then the IP stack can be shared between the management applications
specific to the EFM interface, and those of the rest of the box, so long as
_all_ of the box is owned by the SP. Leaving aside the issue of OAM in-band
or side-band for a moment, I don't think sharing an IP stack between SP OAM
functions and enterprise OAM functions would be acceptable to the SP.

BTW - Howard - I have subscribed to the OAM and P2P reflectors, just
awaiting authorisation. I guess you have about a 1000 of these to check :-).

Best regards

Bob