Re: [EFM] flow control in 802.3

What a good question!

This is a problem that we (almost certainly) have to solve in the copper track. We are looking for suggestions, the ones that immediately come to mind are:

MII clock adjustment
IPG stretching
.3x pause frames
half-duplex back pressure (force collision)
new signal for pause/continue

The matter was discussed at length during .3ae - take a look at 10G website...

There are various other discussions of this on 10G. It's not clear that the arguments and conclusions are valid for .3ah in the same way as .3ae - but it's always worth taking a look.

PS - Any of the 10G'ers care to comment?