RE: [EFM] Is "campus" P2MP out of scope

Matt / Gerry / Roy / Howard

I think you all hit the nail on the head - economic justification in the
context of the five criteria.

Today 100M is cost competitive with 1GE, but in two years time chances are
the situation will be reversed.

If 802 was going to standardise 100M p2p single mode the process should have
started two years ago.

I would have no problem omitting 100M single mode on the grounds of the
economic argument, given the time line to produce a standard for it. Also I
think most people accept that civil engineering is the highest part of the
cost, followed by operational maintenance costs over the life of the service
(transport), then the fiber cost, then finally the equipment cost.

Doesn't stop a few companies making a 'nice wedge' out of 100M for the next
two years.

Check the cockney rhyming slang web site for 'nice wedge' if necessary ;-).

Bob