Re: [EFM] TDM circuit emulation

Jangrai,

I would be interested in the economics of the efforts that I have been
seeing.  With the new chip sets available to build narrowband/wideband
cross connects, the cost per T0/E0 per port is going to be very low for the
direct simple implementations.  With the issue of jitter compensation,
clock tolerance, service overhead, etc, I am nor sure that TDM emulation
will pay for itself outside of it being part of other services.  The real
problem is that most requirements for TDM emulation are for "Private Line"
type of services, which running over packets/frames intermingled with other
services and/or other customer's, traffic is hard to qualify as "Private
Line" other than name only.  It will be interesting to see how this works out.

Thank you,
Roy Bynum
Orbital View LLC