[EFM] TDM circuit emulation: the quandary

I am very interested in the discussion that is going on regarding this
topic, and do not want to dissuade further communications.  The problem
space - and all the many ways to 'solve' it - make for a good discussion
topic.  And (commercially) there is most certainly a need, but probably not
for interoperability's sake.

The quandary: Despite the academic interest, I'm also wrestling with how
this discussion maps into the task at hand.  TDM circuits, emulated or not,
seem to be particularly out-of-scope.

One cannot solve a problem until it's been bounded.  It behooves us to
maintain the bounds of the scope we've set.

Maybe the way to break this quandary is to create another (non-IEEE ?)
reflector for the TDM chat.  That way, people can keep up the topical
exchange, without adding a dilutive, tangential process into what is already
a wide field of view.

Steve