RE: [Fwd: [EFM] OAM transport...]

Bob-

At 07:52 AM 2/10/02 +0000, Bob Barrett wrote:

I would have thought the time for disclosure is now.

The time for disclosure is any time. That is why I keep doing the "Call For Patents" at each and every meeting of 802.3.

If the disclosure is after the vote in March, and if that vote is a 75%, and it is later announced that the selected technology is covered by a patent, then I would have thought that would make the vote null and void under IEEE802 operating rules.

There is no such provision anywhere in the 802.3, 802 or IEEE-SA rules that I know of.

BTW - there is prior art from 10 years ago on preamble and IPG usage for transport from Digital. It would be arguable if a particular definition of bit patents constitutes a significant difference from the prior art. I'll let the people with lawyers worry about the details.

Thank you. That is the proper venue

Best regards

Bob

Geoff Thompson, Chair, IEEE 802.3