key reasons and benefits) of including loopback and BERT functions in the
EFM subscriber access standard. It can be found at:

http://www.rjbarrett.net/rb020225.pdf

or from a link at www.rjbarrett.net

I have written this as an individual, and not included references to my
company or products, and I have put it on my personal web site. Inevitably I
do mirror my views into the technolgy that my company produces, as do most
of we equipment vendors.

By putting this paper up for discussion now I hope to reach the broad
audience of all EFM streams and stimulate debate in advance of the March
meeting, to help us to reach consensus.

Thanks

Bob Barrett