AW: AW: [EFM] AW: [EFM-P2P] RE: Single wavelength, single fibre PMD f or P2P

Hello Walt,

Thanks for your interesting input on this issue.  We have spent considerable time discussing this and other
related issues in the preparation of the preparation.  We are proposing a system
which will work in a worst case ORL environment of 20 dB, which based on feedback
from a number of network providers is a very safe number for the lower limit.

The scenario you present is of relevance to all PMD types, not just
single wavelength, single fibre solutions.  If you examine required ORL of connectors
from 802.3 you will see a value of >25dB, irrespective of PMD type.  A dust
particle in the connector will violate this condition and hence render the
network as 'out of spec'

The situation with splices is then same.

Regards

tom