[EFM] Finally There

Dear Members of the IEEE 802.3ah EFM Task Force,

Too late to be of much use to most of you, I have
placed the presentations for next week's meeting on
the web at the following URL:

http://www.ieee802.org/3/efm/public/mar02/index.html

Next week is going to be a busy one.  Our goal for
the meeting is to select a suite of baseline proposals
from the set of presentations, and charge our editors
with the task of developing a first draft based on
those baseline proposals.

Because of the huge volume of material, we must review
the presentations in breakout sessions which will run
in parallel. OAM presentations will be heard in the OAM
sub-task force, PON presentations in the PON sub-task force,
etc.  Each sub-task force will attempt to select a definitive
set of complete and non-conflicting baseline proposals, and
then each sub-task force will be asked to put forward a
motion to adopt that set of proposals during the 802.3ah
closing session which will be held on Thursday morning,
3/14.  Yes, this means that you may be asked to vote on
a proposal that you haven't heard.

Also, because of the extremely tight allocation of meeting
rooms in St. Louis, each sub-task force is going to have
a limited amount of time to conduct it's business.  For
this reason, each sub-task force must be very focused, and
conduct its meetings very efficiently.  The agenda for the
week will be:

Monday 3/11 AM  802 Opening Plenary
Monday 3/11 PM  802.3 Opening Plenary
Tuesday 3/12 AM 802.3ah Opening Session
Tuesday 3/12 PM 802.3ah EPON, Copper, Optics breakouts
Wednesday 3/13 AM 802.3ah EPON, Copper, Optics breakouts
Wednesday 3/13 PM 802.3ah EPON, Copper, Optics, OAM breakouts
Thursday 3/14 AM 802.3ah Closing session
Thursday 3/14 PM 802.3 Closing Plenary

As usual, I will be bringing CDROMs and flash memory cards
with the presentations loaded on them to the meeting.

I look forward to seeing you in St. Louis.

Howard Frazier
Chair, IEEE 802.3ah EFM Task Force