[EFM] Re: [EFM-Copper] Copper questions for EFM

Hugh,

I decided to take a crack at this difficult problem just for the purpose of
identifying a path and not necessarily a solution.

There are two groups that they have solutions ,basically DMT and QAM camp,
that could have addressed the 10 Mbps symmetric objective. A third group may
join the fray after 10MDSL work being followed thru at T1E1.

One possible option is allow more time for real installation in the course
of the next 6 months or so. There are a lot of work that we left untouched:
i.e. noise model and disturber models for in-building network(public or
private). I think we can make progress on those issues while allowing the
temperature to cool down in the copper track.

One option is for example to request for another very high symmetrical data
rate for shorter loops for in-building applications, i.e. 25 Mbps symmetric.
(this is out of shdsl domain) I know some of you liked the idea. I arrange a
conference call and let everybody know

Another option as you said in your e-mail to spin off copper track into
another new group

Behrooz