Re: [EFM] RE: OAM Proposals - a ping by any other name

Roy,

OAMinP as architected in the OAM Baseline proposal does not use ANY
customer payload bandwidth whatsoever, none, zilch, zero.

Your argument seems to be with deleting IPG, delimiters, preamble, etc.
since that detracts from customer payload bandwidth. You may as well go
pound salt with that one. I'll wager that Ethernet will do away with
these mechanism as soon as SONET gets rid of its overhead.

Other mappings, such as GFP, etc. have nothing to do with Ethernet.
However, I expect that OAM info from Ethernet would be "ccarried over"
to SONET, as appropriate, whenever the two networks are joined.

Best Regards,
Rich