[EFM] Next Meeting Announcement

Dear Members of the IEEE 802.3ah EFM Task Force,

Thanks to all of you who attended our recent meeting
in Edinburgh, the IEEE 802.3ah EFM Task Force has made
tremendous progress.  At our well attended meeting we
approved a baseline proposal for OAM, and we rounded out
the set of baseline proposals for our optical PMDs.
Work on PONs proceeded as well, with several refinements
achieving consensus support.  I am in the process of
updating our web page with the materials as presented
at the meeting.

http://www.ieee802.org/3/efm/public/may02/index.html

I will also be putting together a web page containing
the definitive set of baseline proposals which will make
up the first draft of IEEE 802.3ah.  This should be ready
within a week.

The next meeting of IEEE 802.3ah will be held from July
8-11th in Vancouver, BC, in conjunction with the IEEE 802
LMSC plenary meeting.  Please see the announcement at:

http://www.ieee802.org/meeting/index.html

Please note that ALL of the 802.3 meetings, including all
of the 802.3ah meetings, will be held in the Fairmont
Hotel Vancouver, NOT the Hyatt Regency Vancouver.  The
two hotels are only about a block apart, but you are
advised to make your reservations at the Fairmont if you
plan on spending most of your time in 802.3ah.

The deadline for submittal of presentation materials will
be Friday, June 28th.  This is a little earlier than usual,
due to the July 4th holiday.  You MUST contact one of
the individuals below no less than two weeks prior to the
deadline (Friday, June 14th) if you plan to make a presentation.
These folks will help you coordinate your presentation to
avoid redundancy.  We have been running out of time at our
meetings, and this is partly the result of poor
coordination between presenters.  We want to see ONE strong,
broadly supported, presentation on a given topic, rather
than three weak presentations with no support.  Essentially,
if you don't have at least a dozen co-sponsors on your
presentation, you shouldn't ask for airtime (your significant
other, your mom, and your pets don't count!)

Gerry Pesavento, Chair, P2MP (PON) STF, gerry.pesavento@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Vipul Bhatt, Chair, Optics STF, vipul_bhatt@xxxxxxxx
Matt Squire, Chair, OAM STF, mattsquire@xxxxxxx
Hugh Barrass, Chair, Copper STF, hbarrass@xxxxxxxxx

We had a very productive meeting in Edinburgh, and I would
like to once again thank Arthur Marris, Danielle Ellis, and
all of the folks at Tality who worked so incredibly hard to
give us a fine venue.  We turned out in much greater numbers
than expected, but they accomodated us none-the-less.

I look forward to seeing you in Vancouver!

Howard Frazier
Chair, IEEE 802.3ah EFM Task Force