RE: [EFM-Copper] RE: [EFM] (forward) progress in EFM copper

Behrooz,

In an attempt to provide some clarification I would like to point out to
members of the reflector, that digital duplexing and line coding are
entirely separate issues.

Digital duplexing is the concept of digitizing a region of spectrum and
employing digital filtering techniques to ensure that out of band signal and
noise is not applied to the receiving demodulator. Whether or not this
demodulator employs FFT or QAM demodulation is an entirely separate matter.

The main requirement for digital duplexing is that you have an A to D
converter that has enough dynamic range and low enough quantization noise to
enable digital techniques to be employed.  I am not aware of any advantage
that DMT has in its ability to be digitized more readily, or with any less
complexity than single carrier. If you are aware of these advantages I would
be very interested to learn more.

Best Regards,

Aidan.