RE: [EFM] PHY Kids 2: The (sub) task-force of lost dreams
- To: "'Geoff Thompson'" <gthompso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Glen Kramer'" <glen.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [EFM] PHY Kids 2: The (sub) task-force of lost dreams
- From: Glen Kramer <gkramer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 20:25:23 -0800
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, KIM_AJUNGfirstname.lastname@example.org, Meir@zonu.com, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, BDeri@terawave.com, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Importance: Normal
- In-reply-to: <220.127.116.11.20021121144422.00f66b58@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Organization: UC Davis
- Reply-to: gkramer@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: email@example.com
> >It should be emphasized that the above mechanism is
> already in the draft
> >in clause 56 (since D1.0). Changing (removing) it would
> require a 75%
> >approval, which is highly unlikely given voting results
> from the last
> Not necessarily.
> If you can't get 75% approval of it in 802.3 you don't go
> forward either
> when the draft is voted for WG ballot or during WG ballot.
> It only takes greater than 25% disapproval on any issue to
> stall the process.
Good point. I guess being new to the process I don't completely envision
every next step.
So how does it work during WG ballot? Do we vote on any single feature
of the draft, or someone proposes some changes and we vote on them? For
example, what would the process to remove PMD fields from message format