RE: [EFM] PHY Kids 2: The (sub) task-force of lost dreams
- To: gkramer@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: RE: [EFM] PHY Kids 2: The (sub) task-force of lost dreams
- From: Geoff Thompson <gthompso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 09:56:25 -0800
- Cc: "Geoff Thompson" <email@example.com>, "'Glen Kramer'" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, KIM_AJUNGemail@example.com, Meir@zonu.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, BDeri@terawave.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- In-Reply-To: <000d01c291df$2fc4db00$1244a8c0@glen>
- References: <126.96.36.199.20021121144422.00f66b58@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
At 08:25 PM 11/21/2002 -0800, Glen Kramer wrote:
> >It should be emphasized that the above mechanism is
> already in the draft
> >in clause 56 (since D1.0). Changing (removing) it would
> require a 75%
> >approval, which is highly unlikely given voting results
> from the last
> Not necessarily.
> If you can't get 75% approval of it in 802.3 you don't go
> forward either
> when the draft is voted for WG ballot or during WG ballot.
> It only takes greater than 25% disapproval on any issue to
> stall the process.
Good point. I guess being new to the process I don't completely envision
every next step.
So how does it work during WG ballot?
Do we vote on any single feature of the draft, or someone proposes some
changes and we vote on them?
Any voter can vote on anything during the ballot. If they accompany a
DISAPPROVE vote with a comment and a remedy then the "comment
resolution group" (most likely the Task Force in the same structure
as was used for creating the document, but not necessarily) can accept or
reject the comment and the remedy. If they reject, they need to provide a
rebuttal. The rejection and rebuttal (or the new text in the case of
acceptance) are then recirculated to the balloting group. The balloting
group can accept the position of the comment resolution group or they can
"pile on" the rejected position of the commenter. By
"piling on" that means they change their vote to DISAPPROVE in
support of the commenter's position. If, as a result of that, the
approval level drops below 75% then the ballot FAILs.
For example, what would the process to remove
PMD fields from message format be?
I hope this helps.