[EFM] Minutes from PON Optics Telephone Conference - 05th December

Attendees
----------------------------------

Vipul Bhatt
Piers Dawe
Dora Van Deen (Sorry Dora, didn't catch your new name)
Gerry Pasavento
Glen Kramer
Manyalibo Matthews
Lior Khermosh
Tom Murphy

Summary
------------------------------------

After playing with the telephone bridge for 15 min we finally got together.
Sorry about
this, I spoke with Bruce and hopefully next week things will be back to
normal

There was discussion of timing values and we came up with the set of values
contained in the
attached table.  Values for option C are clear.  The two sets of values for
B and C represent the
opinion of the group in terms of what is definitely doable and what is
possible with some more effort.
NOTE  these values were discussed independent of Efficiency etc, just what
PMD vendor
thinks can be easily achieved based on current design

NOTE:  This slide is just for internal discussion and will not be presented
in Vancouver, although it
may form the basis of a presentation. Calculation performed with Glen's
spreadsheet

Next Steps
------------------------------------

Tackle the issue of whether parameters are to be negotiable or not and the
wording
associated with these options. Then, can we narrow down to fewer options,
where are
the possible compromise points

Next Meeting

I need to clarify this with Bruce