Re: [EFM] Banana networks

Roy-

At 11:11 AM 12/13/2002 -0600, Roy Bynum wrote:
Geoff,

There are always those that would say to governments or those in control, if you would only do it my way, things would be better.  I have been guilty of that myself.  It does not however change anything.

That, in and of itself is true. But it isn't only me. Why, I just read on my bill from a company that you used to work for that my service was being "detariffed". Our arrangement will continue for the foreseeable future but the handwriting is clear... things, they are a-changing.

It might even get to the point (in some places) where what is offered to the customer is based on what is currently possible/practical technically rather what is most backward compatible financially.

It won't happen everywhere at once, but it will happen. If it is enough better and provides a competitive edge to the customers then their competitors who operate in areas where such service is not available will overcome their disadvantage somehow. Guess what one of the methods will be?

Thank you,
Roy Bynum

Geoff