To: <stds-802-3-efm@ieee.org>
Subject: RE: [EFM] PON timing parameters - quick locking
From: "Jonathan Thatcher" <Jonathan.Thatcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 11:26:19 -0800
Sender: owner-stds-802-3-efm@majordomo.ieee.org

----

Frank,

Thank you. I think we are on the same page.

If loop timing efficiency is critical, I am certainly supportive of
modifying the design assumptions and presumptions in order to achieve the
objectives. We'd better decide this in January if we want to get to Working
Group ballot anytime soon.

jonathan

p.s. The "I don't understand how it can be done. But, if it is possible to
trade "rapid lock" against latency or delay, there could be significant
benefits." question stands. This question implies a clock recovery scheme. I
should have made it explicit. Perhaps the signal could be split, and slowed
down by running one path at absolute zero....  :-)