[EFM] RE: [T1E1.4] RE: [EFM-Copper] [EFM-copper] update of carrier perspective on SH DSL presentation

Questions on the information provided below

1. With the carriers only providing the local loop and the CLECs or ISPs providing SHDSL service or a service rate. Why would SHDSL be an issue for the carriers and not
    for the services providers, that are selling a rate?  Noting that the SHDSL rates will depend on the local loop make up, distance and the providers equipment settings,
    the rates may just come down to a case by case issue.

2. Why is ADSL a generic term and not xDSL, being the xDSL covers the full line of DSL technologies and ADSL is ref in the following standards ANSI T1.417, T1.413 and
    ITU-T G.992.1 &2?

3. With IEEE work on Ethernet in the last mile and the FCC issuing a Memorandum Opinion and Order ( DA 01-1704 July 16, 2001 ) covering EtherLoop technology in
    the local loop due to lower noise, greater rates and distances, why would the carriers not be watching this issue.

4. As well, with intelligent homes and small business using Ethernet networks in their buildings, why not decrease the amount of conversions needed in the network for
   end to end services. With Ethernet in the home or small business and xDSL technology in the local loops and then ATM or Ethernet across the network. Why not look
   into Etherloop and reduce the amount of conversions needed for end to end services and improve service overall.

Jimmy Salinas