RE: [EFM] What was the intent of Jackie Chow's motion made during the closi ng 802.3ah Plenary?

Frank,
Thanks for bringing the point that I was trying to express throughout
the meeting.  I knew I might have offended some of the folks at the
meeting but my intention was simply to have a fair vote on the matter
that has absolutely no confusion among the voters.  As you explained,
the order of the motion played a part to the potential outcome.  (For
those who would vote for either Both-or-Nothing, that would have changed
the outcome of their vote.  Imagine if the Artman motion was voted on
first and was voted down, the Both-or-Nothing voters probably would then
voted down the Kimpe motion).
For a key and important decision like the Long-reach objective, I agreed
with Frank that a better method for the voting process should be
considered in the future.
Regards,
Jacky Chow
VP, Wireline Communications