[EFM] PON Optics Telephone Conference 30th Jan

Hello All,

The highlight of our Thursdays (if not the whole week)...

Time to start the PON optics conference calls again.

First off a couple of important points:

1)  This is the last time I plan to 'blanket-bomb' this mail to the
     main reflector.  I will set-up a smaller distribution list.  Please
send me
     an e-mail if you wish to be placed on the list.

2)  I have attached a list of comments from the last meeting which were
flagged
     for ad-hoc attention.  The order reflects priority.  Please comment on
this if
     I am forgetting something or if the list should be re-structured.

For those of you who don't open attachments, I also have a couple of
questions up-front:

i)  In the upstream signal detect discussions, the point arose the SD that
we define (or make optional)
    probably will not meet the PMA requirements of an existing CW design -
Question: what will happen if no SD
    is present, or, hardwired high etc.

ii)  Protocol People: What comes into the PMD between bursts?  Is there a
defined output?

I will distribute the call in details at a later point but the time will
hopefully remain the same. i.e. 08:00 PAC, Thursdays

Best regards

Tom

 <<Comments with Action Items.pdf>>

Comments with Action Items.pdf