-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Ariel Maislos [mailto:ariel.maislos@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Gesendet am: Dienstag, 4. Februar 2003 03:23
An: Murphy Thomas (COM FO D O); stds-802-3-efm@ieee.org;
Vipul_Bhatt@xxxxxxxx; wdiab@xxxxxxxxx
Betreff: RE: [EFM] PON Optics Telephone Conference 30th Jan

Tom,

My perspective on point ii) follows:
The ONU stops forwarding frames at the MAC Control level, this means
that the MAC is idle and not generating frames.
In turn the PCS generates /I/ characters to fill the line.
So the PMD will see serialized /I/ output from the PMA when the ONU is
not gated.

Does this answer the question?

Ariel Maislos
Passave