RE: [EFM] PON Optics Telephone Conference 30th Jan

Tom,

I'd venture to say that for the PMD to see zeros on the transmit side
when the MAC is inactive would require a change to the PCS.
This is true for many reasons, one of which for example is the fact the
all-zeros is not a legal 10bit codeword, so it would never be issued by
the PCS as one of its functions is the guarantee of minimal transitions.

Ariel