Re: [EFM] Service provider OAM for Leased Line services

Roy,

I don't really want to get sucked into this discussion, but I just wanted to make a clarification.  You are correct that EFM has chosen to standardize on a PHY for Copper that includes an EOC out-of-band clear channel.  I would not go so far as to say, however, that the EOC has been "made available".  To this point, the EOC has generally been viewed as being an out-of-scope by-product of the the chosen PHY.  I do not think there is interest in exposing or describing EOC usage in 802.3ah.

Of course, individial implementations might get creative. . .

-=Scott