RE: [EFM] RE: Pause frame usage in transport networks

Shahram,

A compliant implementation would sink your example frame along with all other MAC Control frames. MAC Control frames are only distinguished by the Length/Type field.

References from IEEE Std 802.3-2002:

31.3 - "MAC Control sublayer functions shall always sink MAC Control frames."

31.4 - "MAC Control frames are distinguished from other MAC frames only by their Length/Type ?eld identi?er."

31.8.3.3 PICS item SD2 - "Sink MAC Control frames" Mandatory

Note, I haven't mentioned PAUSE. All of the above references are protocol independent. Hope this helps.

kevind