[EFM] Comments on IEEE P802.3ah/D2.0

Dear Members of the IEEE 802.3 CSMA/CD Working Group
and the IEEE 802.3ah EFM Task Force,

A preliminary report containing the comments that were
submitted during the working group ballot on IEEE P802.3ah/D2.0
is available at:

http://www.ieee802.org/3/efm/public/comments/

To the best of my knowledge, this report contains all of
the comments that were received. We received 1268 comments,
including 296 Technical Required comments, 424 Technical
comments, and 548 Editorial comments.  All comments must
be considered, and we will do this at our upcoming meeting
in Portonovo, Italy.

Your sub task force chairmen and editors are hard at work
developing proposed responses for all of the comments,
and these will be posted before the meeting. Please review
the comments carefully, and come to the meeting prepared
to discuss how we will resolve them.

I offer my thanks to everyone who cast a ballot on
IEEE Draft P802.3ah, and everyone who submitted comments
on the draft. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.
Brad Booth, our unofficial, dedicated, volunteer
comment editor deserves special thanks for his very
careful efforts to compile all of our comments into the database.

I look forward to seeing you in Portonovo!

Ciao,

Howard Frazier
Chair, IEEE 802.3ah EFM Task Force