[EFM] IEEE Draft P802.3ah/D2.2 Recirculation Results

Dear Members of the IEEE 802.3 CSMA/CD Working Group,
and the IEEE 802.3ah EFM Task Force,

I am pleased to report that the second working group recirculation
ballot on IEEE Draft P802.3ah/D2.2 closed on 3-December-2003 with
the following cummulative results:

Voters     211
Approve    101    85%
Disapprove  18
Abstain      7     6%
Returns    126    60%

No new negative comments were received during this recirculation
ballot, and the approval ratio remains >= 75%. Therefore,
IEEE Draft P802.3ah has successfully completed the working group
ballot process.

Earlier this week, the IEEE 802 LMSC Executive Committee granted
conditional approval to progress the draft to sponsor ballot, pending
the successful completion of this recirculation. In the opinion of our
working group chair, the conditions have been met, and we are authorized
to proceed with the sponsor ballot.

An updated draft, D3.0, has been provided to the IEEE-SA Balloting
Center, and we expect the sponsor ballot to be opened shortly. D3.0
incorporates the editorial changes that resulted from the comments
received during the recirculation. D3.0 also incorporates the changes
that we agreed to defer until this point, such as the inclusion of
register number assignments and registration arcs for management objects.
I will announce the location of the draft as soon as the sponsor ballot
opens.

I thank all of you for your outstanding efforts on the project to this
point, and I look forward to working with you to complete the process
of developing this draft standard.

Howard Frazier
Chair, IEEE 802.3ah EFM Task Force