Re: [EFM] NTT, Ethernet

All,

I don't know about the rest of you, but I've been paying >>$50/mo for
ISDN service in the middle of Silicon Valley (Campbell, CA) for the last
8 years because I can't get DSL service. I'd love to have to Usen
solution and I'd be ticked to pay >$50/mo for it.

Best Regards,
Rich

--

"Seto, Koichiro" wrote:

> [Date: 08/18/2001  From Seto]
>
> Hi Francois,
>
> I don't call $50/month access charge (including CPE rental fee
> and basic charge) service the service for richiest neighborhood.
>   ($50/month or 6100yen/month is the public information.  Please
>  see http://ca.usen.com/.)
>
> Usen uses their own P2P fiber from their mini COs on the streets.
>   No splitter, no PON as far as I know.
>
> Seto
>

> >I visited Usen in Japan.
> >
> >Their solution is based on proprietary 100FX-ish media converters built
> >into CPE fibre organizers.
> >
> >It is a no frills solution targeted at the richest neighborhood of Tokyo
> >at the moment.
> >
> >-=Francois=-

Richard Taborek Sr.                     Intel Corporation
XAUI Sherpa                    Intel Communications Group
3101 Jay Street, Suite 110         Optical Products Group
Santa Clara, CA 95054           Santa Clara Design Center
408-496-3423                                     JAY1-101
Cell: 408-832-3957          mailto:rich.taborek@intel.com
Fax: 408-486-9783                    http://www.intel.com