RE: [EFM] OAM loop back / echo server function

Roy-

I'm not sure that I understand what you mean.

You seem to be making some assumptions about what constitutes "OAM
overhead" that I do not.

What I meant was that tying the transmit data stream directly to the
receive data stream at the physical level is a bad idea when you are part
of a live network. Since we don't have the concept of turning circuits up
and down that means it  is a bad idea all of the time.

That has nothing to do with any "Loopback Protocol" which might reflect a
payload back at a transmitting entity inside valid Ethernet packets.

Geoff