Re: [EFM] OAM loop back / echo server function

Geoff,

Would a MAC Control frame with a specific opcode  be usable as an L2
ping.  This would take the frame all the way to the MAC control layer,
through all of the PHY and RS.

There could also be a command within the OAM functionality that would
generate a special MAC Control frame that would have an opcode that would
specify a test pattern in the "parameters" field of the frame.  This could
potentially provide a very valuable remote trouble shooting tool for
service providers.

Roy Bynum
WorldCom