Re: [EFM] How to Unsubscribe (and it is not by sending "unsubscribe"to this reflector)

Folks,

If you follow the instructions for unsubscribing that you find on
the page:

http://www.ieee802.org/3/efm/reflector.html

then the unsubscribe request is processed by the majordomo script
without manual intervention UNLESS the email address that you are
trying to unsubscribe does not match the "From" address in the
unsubscribe email message.  If this happens, then I have to process the
request manually, and that can take some time.

To reduce the frequency of this problem's occurrence, I have changed
the unsubscribe instructions on the web page so that you are no longer
told to send "unsubscribe stds-802-3-efm <your email address>", but
rather just "unsubscribe stds-802-3-efm".  This will simply remove
the email address that appears in the "From" line of the message, if
this address is in fact in the list.

There will still be exceptions and failure cases.  Please bear with me.
The reflector is huge, and the maintenance effort is non-trivial.

Howard