RE: [EFM] TEST frames MAC_Control vs MAC client

Bob,

As is the case today, sometimes the customer owns the CSU/DSU, sometime the
service provider owns it.  No matter who owns it, the CSU/DSU supports an
L1 framing protocol that gives the service provider an OAM management
channel that is out-of-band to the customer revenue bearing traffic.  For
the classic "T1" that is several kilobits per second and includes basic
synchronization, labeling/performance, and a low bandwidth comm
function.  One of my proposed methods of providing OAM is based on this
technology, modified to a data centric bandwidth rate model.

Thank you,
Roy Bynum