Re(2): [EFM] Network timing?

Hi Bob,

No, I wasn't thinking of 8kHz presentation, just bandying about 8kHz as
possible means of conveyance. Sorry for any X.25 flashbacks :-)

I was thinking of Stratum 1 traceability, and of course any presentation is
possible once you have the information.

The application I had in mind is E1/T1 private line emulation over Ethernet
packet transport. As we know things in telecom (and less so datacom) have a
tendency to be demanded/exist for quite a long time after they are hip/state of
the art/commodity. I am sure there are other applications for traceable network
timing.

Matt

Bob Barrett  (27/09/01  2:14):