RE: [EFM] Network timing? [Etherloop?]

All,

I haven't read the 1GE spec. (shame on me) but I think the clock requirement
is pretty tolerant compared to SONET/SDH where the bearer timing is critical
and synchronised.

Therefore 1GE bearer can't be relied upon for timing in the circuit (frame
sync or Stratum) sense.

Therefore timing in the circuit sense would have to be carried in the
payload plesiochronosly. I hope that I have that word spelt correctly, and
the grammar of this comment correct (Emil :-) ).

Therefore any discussion of how it's done is not within the scope of EFM.