RE: [EFM][EFM-P2P] 100Mbps P2P over SMF

Does anyone could tell me why am I still in the EFM discussion group even I had unsubscribed already ?

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-stds-802-3-efm@majordomo.ieee.org [mailto:owner-stds-802-3-efm@majordomo.ieee.org]On Behalf Of Ingvar Fröroth (ETX)
Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2001 7:13 PM
To: 'Horne, David M'; Ulf Jönsson F (ERA); stds-802-3-efm@ieee.org; stds-802-3-efm-p2p@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: RE: [EFM][EFM-P2P] 100Mbps P2P over SMF

Dave, you are bringing up several of the important issues in dense, short distance topologies; I think that's good and clearly needed for EFM to become the overall success we all anticipate.
A detail we may need to take care of; if we are considering for EFM to make use of an existing 802.3 100Mbps PMD, we need to find out how EFM OAM can be put into it (or on top of it).

In my opinion, we should also think of 100Mbps P2P in sparse topologies, and how it would satisfy [fairly] long home runs. Ideally, we should gather the required data & cost estimates etc., to calculate what this suggested new PMD can do in just about any network scenario.

Respectfully,
Ingvar Froroth