[EFM] unsubscribe

-----Original Message-----
From: Behrooz Rezvani [mailto:behrooz@ikanos.com]
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2001 11:23 AM
To: 'Rich Seifert'; Behrooz Rezvani; 'Arthur Marris'; 'Shimon Muller';
stds-802-3-efm@ieee.org
Subject: RE: [EFM] Half-duplex deferral for MAC-PHY rate matching and
comp atibility with existing silicon

Rich,

I don't think GMAC is good idea for this applications. We need a system that
can deliver 100+ mbps (total=Tx+Rx >100) or 100 full duplex. It can be on a
single pair or multipair.

I think we can support an option to operate the EFM-MAC in half-duplex mode
as well which is enough for most single pair applications

I think you are correct that we should seriously consider to look into other
options for EFM-MAC.  This copper channel is very different as compared to
other Ethernet PHY channels

Behrooz