[EFM] unsubscribe

-----Original Message-----
From: vincent.bemmel@alloptic.com [mailto:vincent.bemmel@alloptic.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2001 10:22 AM
To: bob.barrett@fiberintheloop.com; rabynum@mindspring.com
Cc: stds-802-3-efm@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: RE: [EFM] TDM circuit emulation

Bob/Roy,

Alloptic has been successful in delivering T1 services over an IP circuit
emulation scheme on our EPON solution.
This is all in-band, co-existing with the other services in the PON.

With the proper traffic management scheme, you can achieve a low latency/low
jitter TDM solution that is approproate for T1 services.

The key is to come up with a simple MPCP protocol that manages periodicity
in a deterministic way.   Part of the trick is to minimize the protocol
overhead associated with the granting scheme.

Security is an issue, but this can be addressed via proper encryption on a
higher layer.

Vincent