RE: [EFM] Performance monitoring, installation, trouble shoot ing.

Matt

I agree and furthermore I would asert that the OAM transport of EFM should
operate reliably under all possible boundary conditions without dependancy
on other 802 mechaisms which would make the OAM transport dependent on
implementation specific elements. This is the Etbernet /  802 way is it not?

Service providers test systems under boundary conditions as well as 'normal'
conditions, and they want the management to work at all times.

I have been at an ILEC test lab this week. The first thing the test guys
said to me about management was that it must do loopback. The next things
was that using CRC for BERT is not acceptable as that means the kit looks at
the payload. TRUE!! They took work all the time as a given. I asked them to
come to the March meeting and repeat those statements. Their travel budget
might not allow it but I will request a letter or an email to the group from
them.

Any ILEC people out there please activily agree or disagree with these
views - thanks.

Best regards

Bob