[EFM] RE: [EFM-OAM] Performance monitoring, installation, trouble shoot ing.

Bob Barret said:
> Servicing 32 customers with time critical data e.g. T1 or POTS (leave
> aside video for now), requires a scalable TDM like mechanism.
                                   ^^^^^^^^
I think you nailed the problem. Making TDM-over-packet emulation work for a
few individuals is one thing; making it your main delivery mechanism for
every voice line is another. Currently available TDM-over-packet solutions
require fine tuning and care to work well (don't look hard or it will
break). To make it scalable, it has to be (a) easy to provision and (b)
bulletproof under load. Current solutions fail to meet both criteria.

Carlos Ribeiro
CTBC Telecom