[EFM-P2MP] RE: Upstream efficiency

Ariel,

Expect some intersting discussions in St Louis re: this topic.

I'm not sure it's the right approach to design a protocol in isolation,
ignorant of link limitations, and pray that optics performance will make it
work.  You're guaranteed to end up with a costly solution this way.

Vincent

> I would also like to isolate upstream efficiency induced by link
limitations, such as laser performance, from MPCP efficiency.
> I believe there is no penalty associated with the proposed protocol, that
is in line with Ethernet in general. Upstream utilization will be maximized
based on the performance of the optics.