(corrected) Re: [EFM] RE: OAM Transport Proposal

Brad,

If I understand you correctly, given that there will always be additional
latency translating the MDIO/MDC frames into preamble information, and then
send the preamble, even without a standard frame, it will not provide any
advantage in greater responsiveness than OAMiF.  If that is the case, then
there is no advantage to OAMiP under any circumstances.  If that is the
case, why include it even as optional?

Thank you,
Roy Bynum