RE: [EFM] [EFM-OAM] OAM Transport Proposal

Brad,

I assume that Hiroshi already prepared part of the list of changes, as the
original promoter of the method.

But, beyond the changes, keep in mind that the new proposal includes the
case of
Preamble as an addition to frames based management.
This means that we will have these changes anyway, proposed as additions to
the MAC.

What can be added to the proposal is a very simple mechanism that will allow

auto-sense of preamble only.

One simple way is to send upon link up a limited number of preamble messages
(maybe ping).
If the other side does not respond that means that does not support the
method - or is
down with the link active. In this case the regular operation is resumed.
This will generate a minimum number of link errors and just upon link up
(anyway an instable
moment).

This is one way. But the main issue is that we should support the link
management
of non MAC based optical termination units.

Sergiu Rotenstein

The information contained in this electronic mail is privileged and
confidential, intended only for the use of the individual or entity named
above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you receive this communication in
error, please immediately notify Disclaimer@NBase.com. Thank you.