Re: [EFM] Re: OAM Transport Proposal

Matt,

Preamble can actually be used on the most important copper standards:
Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet in full duplex mode. Since EFM is
full-duplex only, supporting half-duplex is N/A for OAM.

Best Regards,
Rich

--

Matt Squire wrote:

> >I agree with your viewpoints on minor issues 1:5 except for the part
> >where you say that OAM in Preamble is PHY specific. OAM in Preamble is
> >architected to be PHY independent. It is architected to apply
> >to as many
> >optical and copper PHYs as possible while simultaneously being very
> >"close" to the PHY for performance reasons.
> >

> I think we're on the same page.  My comment was focused on a couple things:
> a) the inapplicability of any use of the preamble to copper
> b) the inapplicability of any preamble use to half-duplex
> So I guess its "mostly" independent:)
>
> - Matt

Richard Taborek Sr.                     Intel Corporation
XAUI Sherpa                    Intel Communications Group
3101 Jay Street, Suite 110    Optical Strategic Marketing
Santa Clara, CA 95054           Santa Clara Design Center
408-496-3423                                     JAY1-101
Cell: 408-832-3957          mailto:rich.taborek@intel.com
Fax: 408-486-9783                    http://www.intel.com