[EFM] reflector usage

Dear Members of the IEEE 802.3ah EFM Task Force,

as you know, we have multiple email reflectors available
for our use.  We have the stds-802-3-efm@ieee.org
reflector, which is used for announcements and discussions
of general interest.

We also have reflectors for each of our sub task forces,
such as the stds-802-3-efm-p2p@ieee.org reflector
and the stds-802-3-efm-p2mp@ieee.org reflector for
the optical PMD and point to multipoint protocol sub
task forces, respectively.

Some task force members find it annoying to receive
multiple copies of email messages.  This is often caused
by the unnecessary inclusion of multiple email reflector
addresses on the distribution list.  As an example, there
is no need to send a message to both stds-802-3-efm@ieee.org,
and ANY of the sub task force reflectors, since 99% of the
folks on a sub task force reflector are also on the primary
task force reflector.  Please try to limit the distribution of
messages to the extent possible.  Many of us are inundated
with email messages, and even the simple chore of deleting
a bunch of duplicate messages wastes time unnecessarily.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Howard Frazier
Chair, IEEE 802.3ah EFM Task Force